Academi Theme Slider for 3.0

Academi Theme Slider for 3.0

by Jeanne Shary -
Number of replies: 10

I am using a moodle.org sponsored theme and trying to customize the slider - would like black box with text to be lower, not midway.  Any advise?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeanne Shary

Re: Academi Theme Slider for 3.0

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Jeanne, looks like you dropped your idea of continuing use of Fiesta theme that you mentioned earlier, by no means Mary, Richard or myself included wanted you to step back from your purchased theme, it was just that premium themes are not as open to community to have a look inside to assist. Anyway, regarding Academi's slider, usually these are pre-written codes embedded into themes by theme developers, best place to write your query is where theme developers can directly assist you, making it the theme download page as linked below

https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_academi

I am sure someone will be there to assist you from the developers team.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Jeanne Shary -

Thanks Usman,

I figure that I can always go back to Fiesta, but the Academi theme is very nice and I really need the support community.  

Thanks for your suggestion.

In reply to Jeanne Shary

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Using firebug gives the css controlling the position of the black box for content on the academi slider as

.carousel-overlay-content .content-wrap {padding: 200px 75px 20px;}
(the 200px + 20px = 2x 110px for the vertical padding top and bottom respectively - adjust as required)

Richard
PS don't forget to purge all caches  - I haven't checked whether academi does that automatically as some themes do, but it doesn't hurt anyway smile

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Jeanne Shary -

It worked, thanks Richard!  Now I just have to fiddle with one of the slides that has 2 black squares on it from the slider.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Jeanne Shary -

The box is now in a better position.  Trying to get rid of those little black squares.  This is shaping up. Thanks again.screenshot of slider with black squares

In reply to Jeanne Shary

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you made any other changes as the box that the text is in looks to be in the correct position, it's just that the paragraphs look to have been restyled too, which is odd! Did you remove the background color too?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jeanne Shary -

I only moved the  black box.  It looks OK now.  I must have added some extra breaks, cleaned up the text code.