Text editors

Insert/edit link functionality

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Leah Holroyd
Insert/edit link functionality

Hi all, I'm not sure quite where to put this query so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me...!

I want to create a series of activities which help students to master some anatomical terminology. One of the things I would like to include is an explanation of how a word (e.g. osteocyte) can be broken down into its component parts (osteo- and -cyte) to help students decipher the meaning of the whole word.

To demonstrate this, I'd like to present a word and when students click on each part of the word, I would like the definition of that part to be displayed. So they click on 'osteo' and 'bone' is displayed.

This seems like it should be simple to do, but I'm just not getting there! I can upload the word as an image and then use html to add a rollover text box, but this isn't quite what I'm after. I don't know whether to use text / image / buttons... I've been playing around and just discovered the 'Events' tab within the 'Insert/edit link' menu which looks like it might have potential but I'm not sure how to use it. Have a feeling it might need knowledge of Javascript or something which I don't have.

Any advice would be much appreciated - and apols if this is the wrong place to ask.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Insert/edit link functionality
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hello

You can possibly  use a Glossary for this, with glossary auto-linking turned on. See the documentation on a Glossary

Average of ratings: -