Link to Scorms Broken after changing Server to cPanel

Link to Scorms Broken after changing Server to cPanel

by Janice Johnson -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Please help.  I was forced to move my site to another server, and now all of my moodle links to my scorm activities are broken.  When I click the scorm activity, the scorm appears to be loading correctly, and then the page that I'm on, actually loads where the scorm should be.  So, I have a page within its own page.  The page within in, contains the following message.

• Can not read file, either file does not exist or there are permission problems

Debug info:
 [dataroot]/filedir/28/91/2891a4d431895c321fcc4e827834f9bfe3218abe
Error code: storedfilecannotread

Stack trace:

• line 445 of /lib/filestorage/stored_file.php: file_exception thrown
  • line 1967 of /lib/filelib.php: call to stored_file->readfile()
  • line 2333 of /lib/filelib.php: call to readfile_accel()
  • line 1002 of /mod/scorm/lib.php: call to send_stored_file()
  • line 4488 of /lib/filelib.php: call to scorm_pluginfile()
  • line 37 of /pluginfile.php: call to file_pluginfile()

I checked and all of my scorms are in the myphp database.  They're never been inside moodledata, so I am lost.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I have no idea where to start.  

Moodle 3.02

Thanks,

Janice

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janice Johnson

Re: Link to Scorms Broken after changing Server to cPanel

by Sam Stevens -

Couple of things. Since you have moved the server make sure you have purged the caches.

You might have to removed and re-add the scorm packages from the activity just to make sure everything is set ok. Just go into the activity, delete the package and then re-add the same package. As long as it is exactly the same package it shouldn't break anything but back up first just in case.

Also how were the scorms added to the repository and were are they? How did you add them to the activity? Was it make a copy or link/short-cut?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Janice Johnson

Re: Link to Scorms Broken after changing Server to cPanel

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

the scorm files are not stored within the database - they are stored within the "moodledata" directory on your webserver - I suspect you have transferred your database but not the moodledata directory from your old server or you have not transferred the moodledata directory correctly. If you have lost access to your old server and do not have a backup you will need to upload the files again as Sam mentions.