Moodle 3.0 and Paypal Sandbox

Re: Moodle 3.0 and Paypal Sandbox

by Renaat Debleu -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

MDL-57430 (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-57430) reports the same situation.

However, In an update Keanu says

Works flawlessly IF...

* Moodle webhost is configured for HTTPS (originally mine was not).
* IPN is set up per instructions.

Is moving into HTTPS a solution for you?

In reply to Renaat Debleu

by Armin Ysl -

i have the same Problem.

What Keanu mean with:

IPN is set up per instructions.

My Moodle Platform use still now https

In reply to Armin Ysl

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

For 3 weeks already, I regularly check enrolling a student using PayPal sandbox.

When someone only quickly performs the necessary clicks in Paypal for the enrolment, the user is enrolled but redirected to the error page. However when someone takes his/her time to read the information provided by PayPal and only clicks every 3-10 seconds, this user does not see the error page and is enrolled correctly.

This second scenario is probably more accurate as most people read the screen when real money is involved (at least I do smile). Moreover, I do not see any entries related to this error in the apache log files in non-sandbox environments.

So I can only conclude that the sandbox environment is working fine in Moodle 3.3, but that our test environments and/or the PayPal sandbox are not that fast as we would prefer.  

by Armin Ysl -

I have the same problem whether I,
Do it quickly or slowly.
Whether I use the sandbox or a live account

by Ajay Kumar -

Hi Renaat Debleu,

Thanks for Reply.  Its working for me now . Actually after successful payment it is taking  fraction of seconds to redirect.