Submit button not working in Advanced Forums

Submit button not working in Advanced Forums

by Juan F -
Number of replies: 5

We are using Moodle 2.9 and we use the MoodleRooms Advanced Forums for our course discussion forums.  Over the past day or two, the 'submit' button stopped working.  Students can post a response by clicking the 'use advanced editor' link but otherwise, the button does not work.  Any ideas on what happened or how I can try to solve this issue?

Thanks Everyone!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan F

Re: Submit button not working in Advanced Forums

by SVS PRESS -

Chris, I am also having this issue. The link/path to the submit button stopped working and students have to use the advanced editor link. I hope this gets fixed soon.

In reply to SVS PRESS

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I've moved this thread to the General plugins forum as the Advanced forum is a contributed plugin. If more people are having the same, new, problem, it might be worth raising it as an Advanced forum tracker issue.

In reply to Juan F

by Kris Stokking -

Hi Chris, I can confirm that there is a bug with using Advanced Forums with the TinyMCE editor, and we are working on a fix.  Until then, the workaround would be to either use Atto as your editor, or to use the Advanced Editor feature within Advanced Forums.  Please do post here if you create a tracker ticket for it, and thanks for the report.

In reply to Kris Stokking

by Kris Stokking -

This issue is now fixed.  We've provided an update for Advanced Forums in version control on Github, and added as a new version to the Moodle plugins database.  Thanks again for the report.

In reply to Juan F

by Sam Berg -

We are using Moodle 3.0 and there is a similar problem with our Forum+ submissions. When you post an image in a forum, that post and all successive posts in the same discussion will prompt the attached error message from the browser upon clicking the 'Submit' button. The submissions do ultimately get posted once the page is reloaded.

Attachment forum_error.png