Adaptive quiz with variable penalty question

Adaptive quiz with variable penalty question

av Ken Russell -
Antal svar: 2

A teacher asked me the following question about adaptive mode when setting up a quiz. I have searched for an answer but cannot come up with it. 

"I am considering using the “adaptive mode” which gives a penalty for each incorrect question but still awards partial credit for correct answers (that are completed after checking if their first answer was correct). Anyway, I’m trying to edit the amount of penalty each incorrect question gives. For example, if a student chooses the incorrect answer once they are (by default) penalized 1/3 of the value of the question but I want to make it a larger penalty. Any help greatly appreciated (as usual)."

Any help that can be given for this question would be very much appreciated! Thanks very much! 

Ken 

Genomsnitt av betyg: -
Som svar till Ken Russell

Re: Adaptive quiz with variable penalty question

av Mark Hardwick -

Ken,

We use adaptive mode on all of our quizzes except the final and I set the penalty at 100%.  The grade seems to come out normal (if they get it right the first time they get credit), and they can try as many times as necessary to find the answer but it doesn't count negative.  However, on the student screen they think they keep losing points if they keep answering it wrong but what I see in the grades it looks normal. 

You might build a fake quiz and test the performance at 100% penalty and I think it will do what you want.

Mark