LDAP notifications after upgrade

LDAP notifications after upgrade

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

Just done a test upgrade from 1.8.11 >1.9.11 >2.2.11>2.9.4

It mostly looks OK just when I hit the notifications link it loads the LDAP authentication settings. When I press save it then disappears, I assume that this was because the original Moodle 1.8 was using LDAP for auth or that the LDAP auth settings page has changed so much Moodle is attempting to force the admin to update these

When we migrate our Moodles we will not be using LDAP and I would rather that didnt appear on the notifications page

Any ideas how to get rid of this??

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: LDAP notifications after upgrade

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Somewhere back in other postings thought you said you had 1.9's?   Oh, well, guess starting at lower will be an adventure ... and I do hope you are using git for the 'march' ...

Think it best to have the highest version available for each.   1.8.11 is not highest ... which is 1.8.14.

1.9.11 is not highest ... which is 1.9.19+

Best, me thinks, to get highest as surely there were code fixes between .11's and .highest.  Using git to acquire the code will do that ... easily.

"notifications link it loads the LDAP authentication settings" .... at which version in the march?  

Indicates to me that LDAP not configured.    Don't re-call ever seeing that sort of behavior unless default auth for all accounts set to LDAP.    Anyway ... the place to fix/changing auth, I would think, would be early.  Now if I re-call correctly, LDAP config didn't copy the password into mdl_user table.

So to convert all the users auth to manual would require manipulation of the mdl_user table and probably set up a 'changeme' setup ... first login would require user to change password.

All I can say is ... Wow! .... a march from 1.8's to 3.0.x's will be an adventure.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Yes sorry Ken

We have 1.9.18 on hardware and a preconfigured 1.9.19 VM, I migrate the hardware 1.9.18 to the 1.9.19 VW and run the upgrade and then do the march

Sorry, too many numbers and they are all swirling around like a form of dyslexia sad

The notification is at 2.9

Ill have a buzz around the DB

Its not really important as after I have pressed save button it just disappears, so just want to avoid undertaking this step for 100's of Moodles

smile

'spirit of discussion', albert 

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can either disable the plugin before or save the settings later...not sure which will take longer...