Moodle Captivate bookmarking / never send resume data issue

Moodle Captivate bookmarking / never send resume data issue

by Briar Hayward -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle version 2.7
Captivate version 8.0.3.290
SCORM 1.2

I'm not a Moodle admin.

I want the user to be taken to the beginning of my project each time they access it, even if they did not complete the project/quiz the previous time.

I checked "Never send resume data" in Captivate, but this caused the project to skip the first question slide when the SCORM package was viewed.

My project has quiz questions interspersed throughout it, the quiz questions are not at the end of the project. The user can only progress through the project and reach the end by selecting the correct answer for each quiz question. They can have infinite attempts at each question.

The project uses some variables and advanced actions in order to take users to different feedback slides, depending on what answer they selected.

Things I've tried:
1. Setting "force new attempt" to YES in Moodle settings, on 2nd access I was still taken to where I left off in project.

2. Accessing the project in an incognito window, on 2nd access I was still taken to where I left off in project. (A friend recommended trying this to see if it was a cookies issue).

3. Clearing project cache in Captivate

4. Inserting a "Home" button in my project, but this caused a trapping issue which meant if a user returned to a previously answered question slide, the submit button on the question slide no longer functioned.

5. Testing to see if when publishing to HTML5 (rather than SCORM package) the project skips the question slide - there is no skipping problem in the HTML5 version.

6. A lot of Google searching, but all the information I can find is about people who DO want the bookmarking feature in Moodle to work with their SCORM package and can't get it to work, whereas I'm looking to turn the bookmarking feature off.

Captivate quiz settings

Moodle settings

Average of ratings: -