Dear Dmitry ,
This is Somaroy from Human Logic again .Your work towards the enhancement of the attendance block is greatly appreciated.But the block seems to be highly unstable . These are some of the bugs that I encountered once i installed the block :
1. The settings link in the cofiguration>blocks which allows you to set the values for the variables used to denote present absent excused and late and their relevant calculation system in relation to the attendance calculation method has been completely ignored from the previous release . These are very essential settings for the block to make it really flexible for the users to have personal settings in the way that the block is used.
2. The block errors when it is shown on the home page of moodle which is course 0 which is not any particular course are not handled. It gives error message saying courseidwrong and when the continue button is pressed in that location it goes to a invalid URL saying Fatal error: Class 'block_base' not found in blocks\attendance\block_attendance.php on line 5. ( These were handled properly displaying a message in the previous version released by Human Logic.)
3. If there are no students present in a course and when we click take attendance button it gives errors saying Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in blocks\attendance\updateattendance.php on line 118 (These were handled properly displaying a message in the previous version released by Human Logic. )
4. The new report tab added works with proper url only when moodle is installed in the root of the webserver. Like www.domainname.com but does not work inside a folder. The URL generation variable has a problem.
5. After taking attendance in a course, updating attendance does not work. The attendance values which were previously selected for each student are messed up.
6. In taking attendance, default Absent in your release but selecting Present by default is more appropriate as the number of students attending the class should be more than that of the ones being absent.(most of the time.)
7. In attendance home page, the title is coming like attendance, this is not defined in language file.
PS : I suggest that you follow the same pattern that the block is developed so that we dont loose upon features and end up with bugs as we progress. We will incorporate the report tab properly and release it in the CVS once its ready and if you have any suggestion please post.