please how can i know the Total time spent in assignment for each student ???

please how can i know the Total time spent in assignment for each student ???

by lovely Sandra -
Number of replies: 2

HI am new in moodle 

please how can i know the Total time spent in assignment  and Forum and test for each student ???

is there any ideas ??or which sql query can i do in order to know this information 

pleeeease help me 

thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lovely Sandra

Re: please how can i know the Total time spent in assignment for each student ???

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Discussed many times - one of the latest can be found here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=323036#p1318235

Core question - how do you measure 'time spent' on a webpage?

I frequently have my gmail, Moodle Themes forum and bbc (sport, especially during the cricket season) open all day. It certainly doesn't mean I spend all day looking at either of them. And when it comes to assignments - a student could spend weeks on a completing an assignment (e.g. a 6000 word essay) and about 2 minutes uploading it actually connected to the Assignment page of Moodle uploading that assignment. There are some plugins that claim to do this, but personally (emphasis that this is a personal opinion only!) I would treat the stats from anything like that with a very large pinch of salt (it's very easy to have multiple windows open, click in one periodically to keep it 'active' while actually having your attention on something completely different).

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: please how can i know the Total time spent in assignment for each student ???

by lovely Sandra -

hi

sorry for the duplicate posting, actually i need to get the repose of this question as soon as possible ,my teacher ask me to find the answer and am new in moodle i searched but i did not find the answer.

so according to you i can not find the answer ?? i find a plugin but is just offered to moodle version 2.6 and am using moodle 3.0

i was think that i can do that by an SQL query  ...so this is impossible ???

thank you in advance