theme campus not installing, debugging info here

theme campus not installing, debugging info here

by Chip Wiegand -
Number of replies: 23

Moodle version 3.0.3 (Build: 20160314)

Error messages just after I drag/drop theme_campus_moodle30_2015051134(1).zip into the install plugin from zip file box -

Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-05:00' is invalid in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/date.php on line 207

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/date.php:207) in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/session/handler.php on line 42

Warning: include(/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/audio/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/audio/version.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/zend:/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318

Plugin repository_audio does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php.
  • line 328 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to debugging()
  • line 348 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core_plugin_manager->load_present_plugins()
  • line 217 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_present_plugins()
  • line 143 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core\plugininfo\base->load_disk_version()
  • line 97 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core\plugininfo\base::make_plugin_instance()
  • line 408 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core\plugininfo\base::get_plugins()
  • line 43 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_plugins_of_type()
  • line 6933 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 6818 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to admin_get_root()
  • line 29 of /admin/tool/installaddon/index.php: call to admin_externalpage_setup()

Warning: include(/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/pics/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/pics/version.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/zend:/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318
Plugin repository_pics does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php.
  • line 348 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core_plugin_manager->load_present_plugins()
  • line 217 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_present_plugins()
  • line 143 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core\plugininfo\base->load_disk_version()
  • line 97 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/base.php: call to core\plugininfo\base::make_plugin_instance()
  • line 408 of /lib/classes/plugin_manager.php: call to core\plugininfo\base::get_plugins()
  • line 43 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to core_plugin_manager->get_plugins_of_type()
  • line 29 of /admin/tool/installaddon/index.php: call to admin_externalpage_setup()

Warning: include(/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/pop_up_files/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/repository/pop_up_files/version.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/zend:/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/plugin_manager.php on line 318
Plugin repository_pop_up_files does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php.
Invalid get_string() identifier: 'imagetargetconverter' or component 'qtype_ddmarker'. Perhaps you are missing $string['imagetargetconverter'] = ''; in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/question/type/ddmarker/lang/en/qtype_ddmarker.php?
  • line 349 of /lib/classes/string_manager_standard.php: call to debugging()
  • line 6675 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core_string_manager_standard->get_string()
  • line 29 of /question/type/ddmarker/settings.php: call to get_string()
  • line 125 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/qtype.php: call to include()
  • line 399 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to core\plugininfo\qtype->load_settings()
This page should automatically redirect. If nothing is happening please use the continue link below.

Error output, so disabling automatic redirect.

There were no messages in the console messages (F12) area.

I pressed the Continue button and get these errors -

Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-05:00' is invalid in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/date.php on line 207

and nothing more, just that one error.

In the browser messages area (F12), on the console tab, is this one message -

GET
http://wiegand.org/ChipsEnglishHelp/theme/image.php/laura/theme/1460266270/breadcrumb [HTTP/1.1 404 not found 328ms]

More info -
RAM: 47.5MB
RAM peak: 49.1MB
Included 908 files

Contexts for which filters were loaded: 1
Filters created: 2
Pieces of content filtered: 27

Strings filtered: 0

get_string calls: 2059

DB reads/writes: 34/0

DB queries time: 0.01632 secs

ticks: 149 user: 122 sys: 12 cuser: 0 csys: 0

Load average: 19.25

Session (core\session\file): 8.4KB

Caches used (hits/misses/sets)

core/databasemeta [a]
** static acceleration **: 9 / 7 / 0
cachestore_file: 7 / 0 / 0

core/string [a]
** static acceleration **: 3126 / 467 / 0
cachestore_file: 464 / 3 / 0
core/capabilities [a]** static acceleration **: 449 / 1 / 0
cachestore_file: 1 / 0 / 0
core/coursecat [s]cachestore_session: 2 / 0 / 1
core/eventinvalidation [a]** static acceleration **: 0 / 2 / 0 (highlighted in pink)
cachestore_file: 0 / 2 / 0
(highlighted in pink)
core/langmenu [a]
** static acceleration **: 2 / 1 / 0
core/plugin_manager [a]
cachestore_file: 2 / 1 / 0

core/coursemodinfo [a]
core/repositories [r]cachestore_static: 27 / 29 / 48
core/plugin_functions [a]** static acceleration **: 0 / 1 / 0 (highlighted in pink)

core/yuimodules [a]
cachestore_file: 3 / 0 / 0
core/htmlpurifier [a]cachestore_file: 2 / 0 / 0Total: 4097 / 514 / 49
This page is: General type: admin.
Context System (context id 1).
 Page type admin-tool-installaddon-index.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chip Wiegand

Re: theme campus not installing, debugging info here

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chip,

None of those errors are to do with the Campus theme.

What exact version of Moodle 3.0 are you running please?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chip,

I tried to replicate the problem on Moodle 3.0.3+ (Build: 20160407) with the downloaded ZIP file and 'Install plugin from ZIP file' and could not do so.  Therefore there is not an issue with the theme but something wrong with your installation.  I don't know what that something is.

Gareth

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Take a look at the Laura theme as that is named in the warnings you are getting. Also check/recheck all that plugins you have added today or in the last few days. as the Audio one sounds like it is causing some problems

Also I am getting this on your website: So something is wrong.

It could be your computer date/time is wrong or that of your server is not correct?

Cheers

Mary

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/date.php:207) in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/session/handler.php on line 42

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/date.php:207) in /home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/lib/classes/session/handler.php on line 42
In reply to Mary Evans

by Chip Wiegand -

Thanks for the reply. I have changed to the base bootstrap theme and continue to get the exact same errors and messages. So I don't think the Laura theme is the problem.

I sent a message to my hosting tech to check the php.ini file for my site (I don't see it when I ftp into my site) to verify/fix the timezone.

I haven't added any more plugins this year. As for the audio issue, the same message appears for respository_pics and repository_pop_up. That doesn't appear to be something I can fix. Right?

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Chip Wiegand -

I have removed the offending plugins, so those errors are gone. Obviously the two remaining errors are not directly related to the theme, but is it possible they could be the cause? My server tech has not changed the php.ini date parameter yet. Is the second error also a php setting that they can adjust?

The campus theme still hangs on the validating part -

Chip's English Help

Install plugin from ZIP file

Debugging output enabled
ZIP /home/wiegando/ChipsEnglishHelpData/temp/tool_installaddon/c3c3850c-69fa-47ad-9422-b2aa309635ea/plugin.zip
Validating theme_campus ... 

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Chip Wiegand -

I just installed theme contemporary, successfully. So the above mentioned php errors are possibly not the reason for other themes hanging on the validating part.

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Gareth J Barnard -

Contemporary is a 902KB file, Campus is a 11607KB file.  Some PHP defaults for file sizes / uploads etc. are 2MB..... check server settings.

by Chip Wiegand -

File size setting shows 999M

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Gareth J Barnard -

There is more than one setting.

by Chip Wiegand -

ok, can you tell me what other setting(s) I should look for?

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Gareth J Barnard -

Look in the php.ini file for '2M'.

by Chip Wiegand -

This is my entire php.ini file as provided by the hosting service -

memory_limit = 2048M
max_execution_time = 18000
upload_max_filesize = 999M
session.use_only_cookies = on
upload_tmp_dir = "/home/wiegando/public_html/tmp"
post_max_size = 64M
max_packet_size = 32M

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you checked Admin settings too in Moodle?

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

BTW, these settings are wrong.

memory limit should be 25% of your RAM memory. Unless you have 8 GB or more this value should be reduced.

max_execution_time could be between 60 and 600 (seconds). Now the limit is 5 hours to run a script. Probably will crash before by memory overload.

post_max_size should be equal to upload_max_filesize

These are recommended values. Only if you have some special configuration these values could be different.

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Fernando Acedo -

Reading the first line after each Warning message you will find the solution to the problem:

Plugin repository_audio does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php.
Plugin repository_pics does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php.
Plugin repository_pop_up_files does not declare valid $plugin->component in its version.php. 
Invalid
get_string() identifier: 'imagetargetconverter' or component
'qtype_ddmarker'. Perhaps you are missing
$string['imagetargetconverter'] = ''; in
/home/wiegando/public_html/ChipsEnglishHelp/question/type/ddmarker/lang/en/qtype_ddmarker.php?

The problems are not related to the server configuration. Update the plugins indicated above and, if they are really updated to version 3.0, then moodle will works again.

Other option is to modify the version.php but nobody could ensure the code will work in 3.0

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Chip Wiegand -
I uninstalled those 3 repositories and the errors are gone, but the original problem still exists. When I run my site in developer debug mode there are no errors at all, even when installing the troublesome theme.
In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Fernando Acedo -
Do you get the same problem using Clean?
Is moodle displaying other errors?
Did you verify the error_log from apache ?

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Chip,

Ok, to eliminate one possibility as quite frankly I'm stumped.  Can you try installing manually where you place the extracted files from the ZIP folder into the '/theme' folder on the server, i.e. extracting the ZIP will have a folder 'campus' and then files / folders within that.  Instructions here: https://github.com/dasistwas/moodle-theme_campus#installation

Thanks,

Gareth

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Mary Evans -

Just reinforcing Gareth's suggestion of making sure you have the correct folder called 'campus'.

However I did wonder why it was you used the git version of the zip file when the Campus theme can be installed automatically without you dropping anything into the uploaded, as there is a setting that does all that for you when you ask to install a theme from the Moodle plugins repository HERE

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chip Wiegand -

First, the apache error log has no errors regarding Moodle.

Second, I wasn't aware of git and haven't used any git file, until this morning. I downloaded the file and installed as directed, then ran the database upgrade, and the campus theme is installed and usable, but, I am still getting the Plugins Check screen with the theme Campus on it, every time I click on Home or Dashboard. So, nothing has changed. It is just very strange. This whole issue started with the latest upgrade of Moodle. After the upgrade completely, successfully, most of my themes were shown as "missing from disk" and had to be reinstalled. That seems to be the root of all evil in my moodle system.

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Mary Evans -

The Plugins Overview check is usually just a list of all the plugins that can be updated or in need of attention.  Perhaps the Campus theme you have installed has a more uptodate version available. If that is the case then upgrade it.

The only time to worry is if there are messages attatched to those plugins with a 'warning' on a pink background, then you have every right to be worried.

Sorry for thinking it was a GITHUB Zip file, it's just that the long name of the file made me think it was. Zip files form the GitHub do casue problems as the extracted folder does not show theme name correctly but uses the long title instead which makes any Moodle server "burp" and throw-up a load of errors.

Well at least your theme is working.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Chip Wiegand

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Chip,

What does the 'Plugins check screen' showing please?

Kind regards,

Gareth