Multiple languages in the custom menu. Is my contribution a bug fix or a a usability issue?

Re: Multiple languages in the custom menu. Is my contribution a bug fix or a a usability issue?

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Query based on my understanding from https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-53224

the suggestion as i understand it is that the language qualifier is only applied for that specific line, it does not matter what is above or below it in terms of sub-links etc.

OK then what would happen if there is no level 1 menu in that language, but there are sub-levels in a specified language - eg.

The Menu|||en
-English1|/page1.php?lang=en||en
-Français1|/page1.php?lang=fr||fr
-English2|/page2.php?lang=en||en
-Français2|/page2.php?lang=fr||fr

What would now happen to the French items in the above example? The top level menu would not be displayed if French was selected, so presumably they wouldn't be displayed anywhere, but is that something the code needs to specifically address or is it just assumed behaviour and is it the behaviour that users would expect (I think it probably is what people would expect). If the code does not specifically address it, could it cause an error in the custom menu system?

R

Average of ratings: Useful (1)