Gradebook Export Help!

Gradebook Export Help!

by Angus Martin -
Number of replies: 2

I'm wanting to be able to export the gradebook (easy enough), but I want to include the the details of each marker in the excel spreadsheet.

For example, I want 5 markers to mark an essay. They will record each student's result on moodle. I then want to export the gradebook and be able to know what essays were marked by which of my 5 markers to ensure each marker has marked fairly and consistently. Ideally an extra column would be added to the exported spreadsheet that contains the name of the marker for each student.

I've considered using the groups function, but that seems a little clunky to me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In reply to Angus Martin

Re: Gradebook Export Help!

by Mark McKay -
Hi Angus,

From my perspective, what you're asking for isn't a gradebook function, it's an activity (Assignment?) function. In that case, it would be a spreadsheet from a particular instance of an activity. The columns in the gradebook are either a simple [aggregate] grade from an activity, or a simple value from an external [or manual] source. Trying to add this kind of functionality would make it exceedingly complex, where we [as a community] are trying to reduce complexity.

These are, of course, just my opinions.

Mark McKay
University of Minnesota
In reply to Mark McKay

Re: Gradebook Export Help!

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Couldn't this be achieved with the configurable reports plugin?  It would just be an sql query - the marker has to be a database entry somewhere -right?