IE kicks the bucket - testers please

IE kicks the bucket - testers please

by Samuel Cochran -
Number of replies: 6
I was wondering if a couple of people using Internet Explorer could try loading this page and see if they get results similar to these and these. Make sure to scroll: sometimes it doesn't happen until you scroll the page. If they do I'll have to diagnose the problem and possibly send a bug to Microsoft. If not then it's just my crummy computer.

Before rumours fly: I'm trying to design a new Administrative interface for Moodle. One that's easy to use, intuitive, poweful, backwards-compatible, etc. Yes, the stress is on easy to use. This will be more user-friendly than the current administration system.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samuel Cochran

Re: IE kicks the bucket - testers please

by Tim Allen -
I have the same version of IE and the same thing is happening.  It seems to occur especially when scrolling.  If I leave the page alone and come back later, it looks like the problem is fixed.  But if I then scroll or select text or do anything, the problem occurs again.

It's not a crummy computer, unless both of us have one!  wink

Tim.

by Drew Buddie -

Yes I got those results too - sad I got em when the page loaded WITHOUT even scrolling.

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Samuel,
                with and old ie that work fine  but with Mozilla 1.7.3  the html is not  interpreted.

I hope it may help,

Bernard

In reply to Bernard Boucher

by Samuel Cochran -
Yes, it's an mht archive of several HTML docments that I don't think Mozilla supports. It's works in IE though (which is the point).

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Here's what happens on my computer:

Attachment iescramble.gif
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Samuel Cochran -
Bugger. Guess I need to figure out what's irking IE and complain to Microsoft while implementing it a different way.

Thanks all!