Weighting and Points

Weighting and Points

by Michelle Moore -
Number of replies: 4
I am working with a teacher who uses weighting in her gradebook and she wanted to know if there was a way for the gradebook to display the weighted points instead of the cumulative points.

For example, she said that if she has an exam that is worth 100 points and that exam is worth 15% of the overall grade, she would like the points to display as a value out of 15 instead of a value out of 100.

When I asked her where she had seen a gradebook do this before, she said that in WebCT there was a weighting formula and that as scores were entered, it displayed the weighted points.

So, is there a way to meet her needs built into Moodle? A creative workaround perhaps? Or is there some modification that somebody has created to accomplish this task for their own teachers?

Any help would be appreciated. smile

In reply to Michelle Moore

Re: Weighting and Points

by Michael Penney -
In "Set Preferences" set "Show Points" to No and "Display Weighted" to "Everyone".
In reply to Michael Penney

by Michelle Moore -
Thanks Michael--that was my backup plan--just hide the points completely and then you don't have to worry about whether they are weighted or not. smile
In reply to Michelle Moore

by Alexandre Belousov -
One question concerning weighted points:
I also use weights in my course so that each task is graded according to the 6-points strategy (0 - 5) used in our schools (it's a traditional scale smile ), and then those points are auto-recalculated according the category weight to overall score.

So, I lack the ability to export weighted grades to text or excel because currently  weighted grades are not exported - neither to Excel nor to text.
In reply to Alexandre Belousov

by David Clark -
We also have a professor who is using this module and is unable to export weighted grades to Excel or text.

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Please respond.