Is there an ipad function to take a photo

Is there an ipad function to take a photo

by Terry Brown -
Number of replies: 2

Is there an ipad function in moodle to take a photo (or on an android for that matter) and automatically embed it in to the student's assessment answer? I work in a civil construction training environment where evidence is paramount to issuing a qualification or a licence. If students (construction workers) could answer an assessment question and then support their reasons by including a photo/s, video/s or even audio recordings directly to their assessment submission it would add so much more credibility/sufficiency to their submission. I recently saw a cloud-based app where students could click a 'hot key' on a device (next to the assessment question)  and this would instigate the capture function of the device to allow automatic recording of multi-media for inclusion in to the assessment. It seems the way that evidence collection of assessments should be going.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Terry Brown

Re: Is there an ipad function to take a photo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think so, but perhaps they could take a photo and then if the assignment was a file upload one, then upload the image.  Worth a try to see if it works.

In reply to Terry Brown

Re: Is there an ipad function to take a photo

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

With the official  moodle mobile  app, they can take a photo or video and it is automatically saved to their private files in Moodle, from where they can upload it to an assignment as Gareth suggests. The video here (which is of an earlier version; it does more now) shows uploading a sound file but the process for a photo is similar:

Average of ratings: Useful (1)