I'm pleased to announce version 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Moodle 3.0 of Shoelace: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10935
1. Style guide typo.
2. Convert to Mustache templates.
3. Fix: Course table of contents block navigation for fixed navbar.
4. Use #595959 for dimmed text.
5. Add 'aria-hidden=true' to 'Font Awesome' icons where possible.
6. Update Style Guide improvements from Essential.
7. Add external access to the Style Guide via moodlesite/theme/shoelace/pages/styleguide.php.
8. Fix padding top for navbar.
9. Add frontpage carousel.
10. Update to FontAwesome 4.5.0.
11. Added navbar scroll hide / show feature.
12. Tidied up the settings.
13. Added logo height setting.
14. Turned on docking and adjusted navbar to suit.
In essence it is a complete re-write of the layouts using my simplified implementation of the mechanism in the CleanM theme with Mustache templates. This should make it far easier for you to adjust things and add your own HTML.
The theme has evolved to have the two new elements of:
- Frontpage carousel.
- A navbar that dynamically shows / hides according to the interaction with the scroll bar. When on and you scroll down then the navbar hides. When you scroll back up once a customisable pixel threshold is met in one action (thus you have not clicked / re-touched the screen / used a cursor key) then the navbar will reappear regardless of if you are at the top or not. Whatever happens, then if you are nearing the top then the navbar will appear. This should give more screen space and facilitate it to be still hidden when you're just moving a little.
As its is a complete re-write, then this version is marked with a maturity of 'Release candidate'.
What is the motivation behind this release? I have created this release for two main reasons:
- To learn how to implement the new Mustache templating mechanism.
- To expand my knowledge of jQuery and learn how to create modules.
I have additionally applied some of the accessibility changes from Essential.
I hope you like the theme and the improvements I have made.