Blank page on install

Blank page on install

by Chris Davis -
Number of replies: 2
After beginning the install and entering paths, db drivers, db names, users, path to /moodedata directory mysql port etc., the next button directs to a page /moodle/admin/index.php?lang=en that is blank

I've waited quite a while per the instructions, and verified that files were created in /moodledata and that a config.php file was created with my entries.  I'm installing Moodle version 3.0.3 and php 5.4.45.  Browser that I was doing the install with is Firefox.  Installed using git per instructions on Centos 5 and have verified directory and file ownerships are correct.

Any input greatly appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Davis

Re: Blank page on install

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Chris,

go into your moodledata (or whatever you named it) folder, and delete two folders "cache" and "localcache"

refresh your browser, and your site should be up while re-creating the folders again.

In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Blank page on install

by Chris Davis -

Thanks Usman,

I finally got through this, but it took a few different changes, including your suggestion.  In addition to deleting the cache and localcache, the install would go a little further and then stall again with a blank page.  When that happened, I had to change the chown and chmod params in the directory where it stalled.  This happened in a couple of spots.   Once I got through that, the install would error out trying to create the tables in the database with a ddl sql error - mysql server has gone missing.  That corrected by increasing the timeout params in MySql and restarting MySql.  It finally completed.

Thanks again.