moodle file location???

moodle file location???

by Elliott Sinclair -
Number of replies: 2

Hi I am just starting off using moodle for a company I have just joined, they had it before I came but my boss doesn't know if he has a folder on his computer where the moodle files are stored, how can I find that file so I can add plugins and a new theme to the website? If the moodle is web hosted online will I still be able to access the moodle files?

Many thanks

Elliott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elliott Sinclair

Re: moodle file location???

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You should always be able to access the moodle folder.  However, you should also be able to add plugins and themes through the web interface unless it is a very old version, in which case you should look at upgrading too.

The folder should be in the web accessible folder - often inet in Windows or /var/www on Linux.  I doubt it is on a personal computer and if so, should be moved if there is be much use of it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: moodle file location???

by Elliott Sinclair -

I have watched many youtube tutorials about how they add a theme and it's always been as easy as moving one file from a folder to the folder containing the moodle files but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am running moodle on version 2.7. where and how can I find the web interface? (sorry if it Is a silly question, I have only just started using moodle)