Glossary export question format

Glossary export question format

by Daniel Thies -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

I have be looking for an easier way to convert glossary entries into quiz questions and to utilize quiz banks into glossaries. I wrote a question format plugin that is able to import and export glossary export files. It was much easier than I expected and produces pretty good results.

I still think it needs some work to handle embedded files, but is usable in the present form. I would be happy for other suggestions to improve it.

Daniel

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Thies

Re: Glossary export question format

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Excellent work.

Note that there was already this block https://moodle.org/plugins/block_glossary_export_to_quiz.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Daniel Thies -

The block is on the seeking maintainer list, and needs to be updated to work on 2.8+. It has a decent following. However, it only transfers in one direction from glossary to quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello Daniel,

Will this plugin be available to users ?

Thank you very much for your answer

Best Wishes,

Ulrike

In reply to Ulrike Albers

by Daniel Thies -

I have not submitted it to the database yet. I have been doing some testing with it and the block above. I am also intending to add support for converting matching questions to glossary format.

It can be downloaded a used from the github page now. Do  you have any experience with the using the export glossary block or this plugin? I will try to expedite getting it in the database if there is a need.

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm sorry I don't have any experience but there is a very interesting activity that could be realized that way: a 'quizz battle' : groups invent questions for other groups and everyone has to take the quiz of the other group(s); the group that invented the hardest quiz is the winner. This could be realized by using the glossary export to quiz toll (export by the teacher). I will ask in the Teaching with Moodle forum if people are interested, and come back here.

Thank you

Ulrike

In reply to Ulrike Albers

by Daniel Thies -

Your activity could be realized either with this plugin or with the export block. The added functionality of this block is that it allows creating a glossary from the question bank.

I added the support for matching question now. I will probably add it to the database after a little more testing.

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello that would be great ! The latest version for export block is 2.7; I don't know if it is maintained

In reply to Daniel Thies

by Daniel Thies -
An updated version is now available in the plugin database.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Ulrike Albers -

Hello,

Thank you very much that is great!

I'm really sorry - I just realized that I was on another plugin page. We will use this.

Many thanks !!

Ulrike