Moodle for Dummies

Moodle for Dummies

by Angelica Calabro -
Number of replies: 3

Hello there!

I am trying to create a moodle website/page for my organization. I have dabbled in coding and stuff like that but I am so confused! I have absolutely no idea what I am doing...

The Installation Guide and quickstart guide are of NO help either!

Anyone know of a link or article or something on how to install and set up moodle for the average person?

Thanks!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angelica Calabro

Re: Moodle for Dummies

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Angelica, your excessive use of exclamation marks shows frustration. Where moodle installation / administration is concerned one doesn't have to know programming (even slight bit) so you're safe here, but on hand knowledge of what you have will be useful to route you in right direction.

So question stars with, like Emma mentioned, what kind of server? now it may be confusing for you, but your organization's current site must be hosted somewhere, or your company must have given/allocated you a space to set moodle up on? let all that out, for you to get assisted properly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Angelica Calabro

Re: Moodle for Dummies

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The Installation and Quick Start guides are of excellent help, which is part of the reason why there are well over 80 million users around the world. However I suspect that this link will be of even more use to you in getting started.

https://moodlecloud.com