i cannot see answers

i cannot see answers

by enrique fanjul -
Number of replies: 8

I have a Moodle 2.6.1.

I have used Questionnaire in other versions without any problem.

But now, strangely, I cannot see the answers, neither the global nor the individual ones.

Any idea of what can be the problem?

Thank you.

Enrique

Average of ratings: -
In reply to enrique fanjul

Re: i cannot see answers

by Lisa Wiebenga -

Following:

I'm having this problem, with just one particular Questionnaire. I am able to add a new questionnaire and see results as teacher, but have a specific course with a questionnaire in which neither me (as admin) or her (as teacher) can see results. I've checked permissions, and all seem to be in order (nothing has been overridden for teacher role). I've checked to make sure the teacher is not also enrolled in course as a student, also.

Any ideas?

In reply to Lisa Wiebenga

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Lisa -

Can you provide more details please?

• What version of Moodle?
  • What version of questionnaire?
  • What do you see when you try to see the results? Are there errors?
  • What type of questionnaire is it? Private, public or template?

Thanks.

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm having the same problem.

I have several Questionnaires running. Some show the answers, some don't. The 'view all responses' are missing.

We are using Moodle 3.1.2+ (Build: 20160923) and questionnaire plugin 3.1.2 (Build - 2016071300)

In the Moodle database I can see all the answers for a particular Questionnaire. By using the right ID I can see the results using this link: http://mymoodle/mod/questionnaire/report.php?instance=[ID]&group=0

Also, by comparing the working Questionnaires with the non-working Questionnaires I found another difference. The non-wkring ones do not have the option 'advanced setttings' in the Navigation block. This link is also missing for some reason.

I think you can reproduce this by using templates for creating questionnaires, but I'm not sure.

See these differences. I'm logged in as administrator, so rights are not the issue (or should not be):

questionnaire

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

Apparently, the non-working one is a Public questionnaire, instead of a copy of a template questionnaire. This might explain why certain items of the activity menu don't appear. The docs aren't clear about this though, they could do with an update.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Public questionnaires are used to manage responses for multiple questionnaires across multiple courses in one place.

So, if in "Course 1", you create a public questionnaire, you can then create questionnaires in "Course 2" and "Course 3" from that public questionnaire. To see all of the responses, you need to access them through the original questionnaire in "Course 1". You can't access all the results in either of the created instances in "Course 2" or "Course 3". This is by design.

Template questionnaires allow you to use the same questionnaire structure in multiple courses and manage the responses in those multiple courses.

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Richard van Iwaarden -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Thanks Mike and Joost,

Our teacher made 30 Questionnaires and used the 'public' template in all courses.

Is there any way to extract the answers per course? All the answers are now together in one course, but I would really like to seperate them.

These were feedback Questionnaires filled in by students on how teachers teach. All the answers collected in one Questionnaire renders the answers of 300 students useless. Very sad.

In reply to Richard van Iwaarden

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This information should be made available in the Docs, so other users can benefit from this discussion.

As for the responses in a public questionnaire, these can be exported as a .txt file, which in turn can be converted to tab separated csv, so you can easily filter information in Excel or another spreadsheet application. (Be sure to select Tabulator as separator). If the questionnaire received input from students in multiple courses, there is a field specifying this, so you could auto-filter on this field. 

It's quite a bit of work, but with proper instruction these situations can be avoided or resolved quickly.