Will Moodle Need an Automated Dubbing Plugin?

Will Moodle Need an Automated Dubbing Plugin?

by Boaz Rossano -
Number of replies: 0

Hey there,

We developed an automated dubbing platform (called VideoDubber), that enables publishers and online video content creators, to dub their videos instantly and in a cost efficient manner, to over 40 languages and dialects, using digitised voices (that sound almost as natural as humans).

We are considering developing an automated dubbing plug-in for Moodle that will enable a Moodle administrator to add our automated dubbing SaaS platform capabilities to their Moodle platform, right besides the video asset, order directly from there a dubbed video, and get a low resolution preview of their video dubbed (along with a security measure). If it's satisfactory, they'll be able to pay for it and get the full resolution version.

Example: Our platform is capable of turning a 1 hour of an English e-learning video file (e.g. .MP4 file), along with a Spanish subtitles file (e.g. .SRT file), into a Spanish video, in less than 5 minutes.

1. The dilemma that we face is should we develop it, or continue providing our service from our site/app?
  2. Will Moodle users find it attractive to order dubbed videos directly from their Moodle interface (or use a dedicated site and interface for that)?
  3. Will they feel comfortable to pay through Moodle (i.e. pass PayPal credentials or a credit card details) from Moodle (or prefer a secured site)?
  4. Last but not least, will they not request a transcription and translation services as well, and find just such dubbing service (i.e. without auto transcription and auto translation) limited? We offer on our site these complementing professional services (i.e. transcription, translation, and even Quality Control of the result), but these can not be done instantly (as they are not automatic, like the dubbing part).

I would love to hear your thoughts, so feel free to post below or contact me directly, if there are any questions.

Thank you.

Attachment fight-with-play.jpg
Average of ratings: -