PDF Feedback and Submission plugin INACTIVE.

PDF Feedback and Submission plugin INACTIVE.

by umesh chavan -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I have installed moodle 2.9 on local server with XAMPP and tried installing PDF Feedback and PDF submission plugin.

It was giving some error , hence upgraded moodle to 3.0

1. Both the plugins do not work, as its showing hidden icon, i clicked on the eye icon to make to ON, it worked for a moment and again it goes OFF.

2. When tried adding assignment and submission, the Annotate PDF does not appear.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to umesh chavan

Re: PDF Feedback and Submission plugin INACTIVE.

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to make sure ghostscript is installed on the server and configured in the plugin settings (as described in the instructions included with the plugins). Otherwise the plugins will automatically disable themselves (to avoid a non working option from appearing to teachers).

Anyway, unless you're already using my plugins, I'd strongly recommend using the standard PDF annotation that has been part of Moodle itself since version 2.5.

In reply to Davo Smith

by umesh chavan -

Thanks Davo, I have been using your plugin for assignment and submission with pdf annotations.

No w i have been trying new version of moodle on my local server.

Does Ghostscript path like c:\ghostscript\gs\ will solve the issue?... i will try on this

as you suggested for Moddle's PDF annotation, will it work for PDF assignment and submission?...becasue that is our main need

The Teachers will upload an Assignment and students will submit the submission and the respective teachers will access that submission online/onscreen suing PDF annotation.

I have installed your both plugins...assignment_feedback and assignment_submission for the above use.

thank you again Davo, it is a very useful plugin for institutes.

Can multiple Teachers access the same submission from different perspective?

Umesh

In reply to umesh chavan

by umesh chavan -

YES Davo, it worked by setting the Ghostscript path....smile thank you

I tried adding additional Stamps, it did not worked....sad

we need number of stamps for commenting on drawing files ( the comments will be same for accessing the submission)

for ex. 1. Line width is wrong

2. Elevation need to the scale

etc.

can we make such comments as Satmp and add them to use?

Umesh

In reply to umesh chavan

by umesh chavan -

sorry Davo...seen two tabs as Annotate PDF and PDF Feedback...

wherein under Annotate PDF no submission file appeared and under PDF Feedback the files is there ( as attached image)

and there is facility to upload additional stamps, additional Stamps we uploaded goes to Annotate PDF, but submission cant be seen there....

The submission files is seen for annotation under PDF Feedback, how to add Stamps here???

or How to get files for annotation under Annotate PDF??

In reply to umesh chavan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would suggest uninstalling the old plugins and then just concentrate on the built in one.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, I agree with Emma.

Unless you need the coversheet functionality or are already using my plugins for assignments, just use the standard Moodle functionality instead.