Moodle installation

Moodle installation

by Anne Taylor -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I want to install moodle to educate my clients about data visualization. I already have a wordpress site. Is there any ways to install moodle as an extension or plugin.

Regards,

Anne Taylor

(Edited by Helen Foster to remove unsolicited advertising which is not allowed according to the site policy - original submission Monday, 28 March 2016, 9:48 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Taylor

Re: Moodle installation

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

No!

You could just install Moodle as Moodle of course... unless I am missing something. 

In reply to Anne Taylor

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

No, but there is plugin called Edwiser which I believe adds single sign on capabilities between the two sites.

In reply to Anne Taylor

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Anne, I am not a Wordpress user.  To provide you a few ideas, consider installing Moodle in  https://visualrsoftware.com/moodle, and then creating a link somewhere in WordPress to your moodle.

Make sure to install moodle yourself.  Don't use a one-click install tool.

In reply to Anne Taylor

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Anne, you cannot use URL directly, use examples like www.mydomain.com/blog, else your post will be deleted.

and I am having really hard time believing that you actually kept WordPress which is actually a BLOG script on main and keeping Moodle which is LMS on BLOG sub-domain, making me believe you actually haven't done ANYTHING regarding learning about what Moodle is. You'll be better off extending your current WordPress based site to be used as client training on your product, not that I want to push you away from Moodle, but what your goals are, Moode is not the product of choice.

If you believe that training is integral part of your business, then build your site around Moodle as all the static pages you have currently on, can be built within moodle as well.