HTML Editor flaws...

HTML Editor flaws...

by Charlie Wilson -
Number of replies: 5
So by now i think i have poster three different issues i have found with the html editor that is built into moodle, for example there are four different hyperlink types you can do such as new window same frame so on and so forth and three of them do the same thing. i personally dont have the knowledge base to get into the meat of the software and try to fix it myself. The HTML editor is a wonderful tool that is built into moodle i was just wondering if there was any one who is trying to make it work the way it is suppose to? These few flaws are all in Internet Explorer i hear through the grape vine that trying to use the editor in Firefox is like trying to mix fire and ice.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Wilson

Re: HTML Editor flaws...

by Miles Berry -

The HTML editor works fine in Firefox here!

Firefox's security settings make it tricky to do copy and paste out of the box, but there are well documented fixes / workrounds, which Moodle kindly explains automatically when you try.

by Charlie Wilson -
What about the other flaws like the Hyperlink issue i mentioned. as i understanded the editor is "barrowed" software it was taken from something else then addapted to work for moodle. i just want to know if anyone is having these same issues and if anyone has an idea of how to fix it?

by Janne Mikkonen -
All of your post of these "flaws" has been notified indeed. Only problem is time and how can I use it, since there is this little thing called "I have to make a living". And this thing also defines the priorities of my work. And at this time my employer is defining this priority, what comes first and so on.

So If no-one is fixing these things for you, you just have to wait. Sorry.
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Charlie Wilson -
I'm one of those people who sees a problem and i want to figure it out for myself i want to know why it happened and what to do to fix it, and i'm relentless. i guess i need to start to learn the code and use my free time to try and work it out.