Integration with 3rd party with SSO

Integration with 3rd party with SSO

by Victor Fuentes -
Number of replies: 2

I am wanting to integrate our new instance of moodle with a 3rd party vendor as this vendor does not have a self registration feature and moodle does. what I want is for the moodle API once registered and the user account is written to the other application is to redirect me to that applications page as that is where the content is stored and where we want our participants to interact. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Victor Fuentes

Re: Integration with 3rd party with SSO

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I am not sure what you are asking here, seems to be several questions actually. You may want to look sat the LTI module to see if that might help, for starters.

In reply to Victor Fuentes

Re: Integration with 3rd party with SSO

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Something to consider ... use an authentication like OAuth2/OpenID, etc. for both Moodle and the other.   Have many sites set up with Google OAuth2 and once they log into Moodle via OAuth2 Google, they are also logged onto Google.   Link to Google docs/drive doesn't ask them to login again.   Whatever this other thing is might behave  in a similar fashion.   But, then again, we don't know a lot about this 'third party' to know for sure.   Is LDAP involved already? for example.

'spirit of sharing', Ken