Showing a report in a block

Showing a report in a block

by Anders Kjaer -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

Is it possible to show the output from a report directly in a block? Either a HTML block, the configurable_reports block or any other block.

I need to show some information build with SQL to students on the default dashboard, the report is working, but they have to click a linke to see the report, I want the data to appear on the dashboard.

I tried to create a HTML block with an iframe, it kinda works but I get the menues etc in the iframe too.

If this cant be done with configureable reports block, is there any other plugin that can do it?

Best regards

Anders

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anders Kjaer

Re: Showing a report in a block

by David Manning -

Hi Anders, 

Did you find a solution? I've asked as well, but I get the impression that either nobody knows how, or it's not possible... (Which surprises me, since it should be less work to spit out a raw table) 

In reply to David Manning

Re: Showing a report in a block

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would think that you could create an html table, e.g., that directly pulls data from the database just with sql queries.  It actually sounds like a fun thing to try and figure out, but, I imagine most people are like me right now, overwhelmed getting set up for a new school year!

In reply to David Manning

Ang: Re: Showing a report in a block

by Anders Kjaer -

Hi,

I ended up using this plugin: https://moodle.org/plugins/block_dashboard works pretty good.

Best regards

Anders

Average of ratings: Useful (1)