SCORMs not playing in latest app

SCORMs not playing in latest app

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Testers

I have just updated the app on two of our Android tablets (one Lenovo Yoga 10+ HD, one Samsung Galaxy Note 4 10.1) and neither of them are working with SCORMs - I just get the 'activity or resource is not yet viewable on the app' error.

Both tablets have all available system updates available to them (4.4.2 on the Yoga which isn't a very good tablet anyway, 5.1.1 on the Note), and our moodle (2.9) has the local_mobile installed (and 'protect scorm downloads' is off).

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Perry

Re: SCORMs not playing in latest app

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Dave,

did the SCORMS work before? Or it's the first time you try?

Can you send me a test account to check if this is caused by the app or by the Moodle?

Thanks,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

We haven't tried before.

I believe I setup a login for Juan previously, but have no record of the password. I will reset it and PM you shortly.

Thanks

In reply to Dave Perry

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Dave,

it seems that the local_mobile service is not enabled, so the app uses the default Mobile service and it lacks the SCORM functions.

Please make sure you've followed all the steps detailed in here:

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features#Installation

Based on the error code returned by your installation, I think that you lack the step number 4.

If your local_mobile installation is up to date you should have a feature to detect if it's correctly configured. You can access this feature going to:

Site Administration > Plugins > Local Plugins > Moodle Mobile Additional Features > Check plugin configuration

Please let me know if this fixes it for you smile

Kind regards,

Dani

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dani Palou

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

You were right, step 4 needed doing. Why can't the installer do this?

I do not, however, have the check configuration link. I did step 4 before going back onto the plugin settings page itself.

Thanks