Activate tagging interface - BBB

Activate tagging interface - BBB

by Mike Verna -
Number of replies: 2

I did a search and could not find anything, but what does "Activate tagging interface" mean under General Settings?

Moodle version:   2.7.3+ (Build: 20141112)

BBB plugin Version:  2015080610

Thank you,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Verna

Re: Activate tagging interface - BBB

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mike,

Yeah, we are a little not updated with the documentation. We used to have videos, but there have been too much coding these days smile

Right now

The tagging interface feature is essentially a way for overriding the name of the recording and adding a description. In version 2.0.x (20150806xx), if you don't have it enabled, the recording will show up with the name of the activity/room and with no description at all.

When you enable the feature you'll have a window popping up when the first moderator (typically teacher or administrator) joins the session. In this window you can type a different name and a description. and those values will be used when the recording is listed.

Even using this user interface, if you don't type a name, the name of the activity/room will be used, but again, there is no default value for description so if you don't type anything it won't display anything.

The tags are not used yet. They are supposed to be used for searching recordings based on tags, but that is for a version of RecordingsBN that is in process.

The tagging interface feature comes disabled by default, although users who can edit the activity/room can enable/disable it anytime.

As administrator you can make that feature disappear for all the activities through the BigBlueButtonBN plugin settings interface.

Coming up.

In a future version of BigBlueButtonBN (2.1.x), the description by default will be an scrept of the activity/room description. But that is coming up. For now assume only the "Right now" description.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jesus Federico

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jesus Federico

Re: Activate tagging interface - BBB

by Mike Verna -

Thank you for the explanation and your work on the plugin!!

To make things less confusing, I disabled the setting in the plugin settings..

Looking forward to future versions.  There is never an end to coding.