Ability to add No Duplicate - Rate question to personality test

Re: Ability to add No Duplicate - Rate question to personality test

by Virgil Ashruf -
Number of replies: 0

I have found out a bit more about the structure of the plug-in. Thusfar I have found that each question is linked to a feedback section. What I want to achieve is that of the noduplicate rate type each choice can be labeled into a feedback section.

I am able to render the categories for each choice per noduplicate. I find that I now have to think about storing this information. I can hack something together that'll work, but will probably not fit the bigger picture of the plug-in. I need some additional information on the plug-ins numbering system.

I see that the question to fbsection ordering is stored serialized in the database in the following format:

a:5:{i:1;N;i:2;N;i:10;N;i:11;N;i:12;N;}

I derive that the 5 stands for the total number of questions. And that the next part identifies the question id's that are counted towards this fbsection. Because I assume when I change something in this dataformat; I will positively break something elsewhere where this data is used to calculate the feedback from the actual responses. Without even knowing what. How can I add the choice id to this information without breaking the rest?

I learned about serialize and see that the i stands for integer followed by it's value. N is null. The first a says it's an array of size 5.

Anyway. This somewhat answers my question. I need to change this storing mechanism if I want to be able to use individual choices for different fbsections. My then question is: what else do I need to change to use the new and improved dataformat that I'm going to come up with? The saga continues.