Storing a value from CAS SSO into an "additional profile field"

Storing a value from CAS SSO into an "additional profile field"

by Guido Roessling -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

we are using CAS/SSO to authenticate our students. This creates a new user if not previously existing in the system and copies the given name and family name, as well as the ID.

I also urgently need to to be able to store the student ID and have created an "additional profile field" (appearing at the bottom of the profile page) called "matrnr" (short for the actual German term). Alas, CAS only allows me to map the information from CAS into standard fields, not into the additional field - for example, I could store the value inside "ID number".

However, this means that any non-editing teacher who exports a task can read all pairs of "student name" and "student ID" - something that our local privacy concerns prohibit. I have not yet found a place where I can store information from CAS in the "additional" (self-created) profile fields, or how I can prevent the export of the "ID number" field.

To sum up, I need someone who can...

• tell me how and where to store the information from CAS into the custom-made "matrnr" profile field,
  • and/or how to prevent the export of the "ID number" for grading assignments and other purposes to ensure privacy.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Guido

Average of ratings: -