Auto update SCORM daily fails

Auto update SCORM daily fails

by Leopoldo Spedalieri -
Number of replies: 5

Hi everybody

I'm using Moodle 2.8.8 and used to update packages in their repositories with "every time is used" mode and it works well.

Now, after a mass update, i'd like to autoupdate SCORM packages daily (or at once), so i used the "Every day" mode but it seems not to work.

I tried to launch cron in cli and url mode, but no updates yet.

I checked cron tasks with "php /admin/tool/task/cli/scheduled_task.php --list" but id didn't find a specific update task

Is there another way to execute the autoupdate packages in the repository with a single command ?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leopoldo Spedalieri

Re: Auto update SCORM daily fails

by Davide Davide -
Hi Leopoldo,
have you created an alias of the scorm that you try to update "every time is used"?
I usally load my scorm packets in a dummy course as a repository, and I load them as activity in other course by made an alias.
Every time I update the main package, the alias one seems to be updated correctly.
In reply to Davide Davide

by Leopoldo Spedalieri -

Thank you for the reply Davide

Yes it is an alias and it works with "every time is used" mode.

So in your way, the packets are updated in the very same time you overwrite the old ones ?

I have several hundreds modules to update, so i should create a dummy course with every module and then create hundreds of activities, probably too much time consuming and existing scorm tracking will be lost.

by Davide Davide -
In my situation, the alias packets are depending on the original one that I have overwritten, and I didn't notice inconsistency between versions, along with "every time is used".

I don't know if Moodle caches scorm contents, and if they will cleaned by cron jobs or scheduled tasks, just in case, I set my moodle cron to run every 5 minutes anyway for good...

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Juan made a few changes in MDL-52459 - it might be worth checking to see if that improves things for you.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Leopoldo Spedalieri -

Thank you Dan.

I found interesting the point 11, to force the update at once. I'll comment even the call to scorm_parse() to block every unnecessary deletion of existing tracking.