Ldap Auth

Ldap Auth

by Omar Al Sayyed -
Number of replies: 10

I have Moodle 2.9 installed on fedora 20, And in my  org have Microsoft AC 2008,I set all the ldap setting all right and I test my user name can connect to the Microsoft AC fine .and I added the ldap extension (extension=ldap.so) (extension=php_ldap.so) on php.ini

I have uplouded all the uers form AC to my moodle, and set the Auth type Ldap, Unfourntly 

NO ONE CAN login to moodle

Any thing else hve to do

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Omar Al Sayyed

Re: Ldap Auth

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Depends on your settings - could be several things - do you have a bind user with correct permissions - are the users in the correct ou that is in your context settings.  You actually don't need to upload the users to moodle, you can just run a sync and they will sync across or automatically be created when they log in. I suggest posting a screenshot of your settings ..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Omar Al Sayyed -

Dear  Emma

Many thanks for ur reply..

there is a file attached 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, that is the first half of the settings - they look close but you need to add ldap:// at the beginning of your url.  Have you set samaccountname for the user attribute?  Are you using ldap or ldaps - if ldaps, you are going to have to get a certificate installed on your moodle server and switch the port.

by Omar Al Sayyed -

Dear Emma

I use ldap,,can you fill for me the settind depend on the attached file information,and can I put context  (dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=xx) or to put (OU=xxx_Students,DC=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=xx)

(OU=Students,DC=xxx,DC=xxx,DC=xx)

Please advise, 

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Picture of Plugin developers

A good starting point would be to read the documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/LDAP_authentication#Configuring_Moodle_authentication.

Regarding the context, you can use both contexts contained in your document - you should separate multiple contexts by a semicolon. i.e. ';'

In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

by Omar Al Sayyed -

Dear Olumuyiwa

Thanx for ur reply I read the docx many times and I tried too too many things, and still not all my students can login my moolde 

need help (my dean will throw me outside smile )

Please there is attached file ,if you can read it

by Emma Richardson -

by Omar Al Sayyed -

Dear Emma

I don't know how to thank

Thank you very very much for ur help. the error was I am not inserting (samaccountname)

It is now work very very nice ,and logining is very easy with Ldap

Please when you visit Jordan contact me ,and if you want something from Jordan let me kow

smile