Watermark stretching

Re: Watermark stretching

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Leah,
I think you could change the image size so that when it was stretched, it would be the right visual size.

I was thinking about this on one of my boring hour long commutes.  I imagined a distorted picture printed on a rubber sheet.  I want to pull the sheet with different tensions along the width and height to form the perfect picture. Basically the trick is to change the canvas size by adding more white space around the image.   Seemed to me in landscape, I needed to adjust the width, the height was fine.

I took the stock Fleursdelis (386x468px) image and added 145px of white to the right and left sides and 1px to the top and bottom.  This gave me a 1.43 w/h ratio that the landscape A4 code was going to insert. 

The image appeared to be off center to the left.  I went back and add 20 px of white to the just the left side.  This probably screwed up my ratio but for a first attempt, I was happy. 

I do not like the Fleursdelis image. When I printed the attached, the bottom part of the Fleursdelis was centered across the width of the paper but the top was to the left.  The line in the middle was horizontal but placed above the center line which I think is distracting when trying to read the name of the course.   

Tips:  My favorite program for this kind of thing is IrfanView (free). It allowed me to adjust the canvas size.  I also used Excel and manually entered numbers so that the new image size hit close to my ratio. 

That was a very interesting problem.   Hope this helps you an others.

Chris

Attachment Fleursdelis  676x470.png