Points for multiple answers question

Points for multiple answers question

by Pasi Hakkarainen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi!

I've a problem when creating pointing system for multiple answers when converting old paper questions... Before for example I had question with 3 choices with 1 to 3 correct answers. Student had to answer every choices for + or - sign if thinks that that choice is right or wrong.

F.e.: What are colors of Finnish flag (correct answer is blue & white):

a) blue    +

b) green   -

c) white    +

So if maximum points are 1 then each gives 0,33. If there is no - sign in 2nd answer then student only get 0,66 points. If I have understood right I cannot do like this with Moodle...

Now I don't get it how I could manage this with Moodle that choice without answer is not a same than wrong answer... Do you get my idea of this? Or do I have to change totally way of doing this?

Idea of this is that student cannot get full points by choosing all choices but at the same time choosing wrong answer and get minus points would be little bit difficult to do at this schedule -> that affects a lot total points of exam.

Is there a possibility to create sub-questions like my example before and in each choice student have to chooce yes or no?

Average of ratings: -