Difference between Random and Scheduled allocation

Difference between Random and Scheduled allocation

by Susanna Wesson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have set up my first Workshop for a group of 10 students. Could you advise me on which allocation method to choose?

I can see what Manual allocation does.

What is not clear to me is the difference between Random and Scheduled allocation. Both allow me to choose the number of submissions assessed or the number of assessments per submission.

- I understand that Scheduled allocation switches automatically to Assessment phase.

What I'm trying to do is this:

- all submissions are assessed by three different assessors.

- students all have an equal number of submissions to assess.

(and: - students cannot see whose work they are assessing)

I would be grateful for your help,

Susanna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susanna Wesson

Re: Difference between Random and Scheduled allocation

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Random allocation allows you to randomly distribute submissions among reviewers. It is what you want to use. Just wait for all the students submit their work, then allocate the submissions via the random allocation and then switch the workshop to the assessment phase (by clicking the bulb icon).

Scheduled allocation is an advanced feature for more experienced workshop users. It basically runs the random allocation on behalf of you at the moment when the phase is being automatically switched from submission to assessment.

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Difference between Random and Scheduled allocation

by Susanna Wesson -

Definitely does help. I'm going to give it a go.

Many thanks,

Susanna