I'm pleased to announce stable updates for Moodle 2.9 and 3.0 of the Essential theme:
M2.9 - Essential version 22.214.171.124: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10654
M3.0 - Essential version 3.0.1: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10655
The changes are as follows:
- FIX: Issue #623: label is inline.
- FIX: Issue #625: .btn-link class needs settings.
- FIX: Coursebox tidy up.
- FIX: Primary button hover.
- FIX: Bootstrap button styling.
- FIX: TravisCI issues.
- FIX: Ensure that the editor gets the custom font-face declarations.
- FIX: Disabled and active button styling.
- FIX: MDL-52371 - Activity Chooser - alignment of strings that need line wrap.
- NEW: Style guide settings page.
Of particular note is the new 'Style guide' settings page as shown below. It is an adapted copy of the Bootstrap V2.3.2 documentation that shows the Bootstrap framework in use with the additional Moodle and Essential styles. Thus, if you change a setting, such as colours or fonts then you'll be able to see the effect. It has helped me already to eliminate a few bugs that I did not know about. You may find an 'oddity' with the form buttons, this comes from the Moodle LESS and is currently intentional. Thus, before raising an issue on Essential, please check that the same thing is not happening in the 'Clean' theme too. The setting page will show in 'Clean' when that theme is selected as your theme as long as Essential is installed, just navigate to 'Site administration -> Appearance -> Themes -> Essential -> Style guide'.