A few queries that I have

A few queries that I have

by Deepak Govindarajan -
Number of replies: 6

Dear All,

I am a new member to this forum (joined today). I am working as an L&D consultant in an MNC. We have setup a learning environment with Moodle 2.7. On this regard, I have a few queries:

1. Is there any way to change the resource icons (e.g. Icons for SCORM, assessments etc.)?

2.How do we rename the "Back To ' ' " appearing on top of the page (highlighted in red in the attached file)

3.The spelling of current grade is wrong in the attached file (Highlighted in purple). But I am not able to locate where I can change it.

4.Is there a way in moodle to present a peer learning progress status to a learner (a MOOC kind of model).

Request your valuable inputs on these aspects...It would really help me!...Thanks in advance! 

Attachment Moodle Query 2 and 3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deepak Govindarajan

Re: A few queries that I have

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

1. Basically, you would write your own theme (which could simply be a child of a current one, so it isn't as bad as it sounds) and substitute your own images. See https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Using_images_in_a_theme

2. You can change any language strings. See Language_customization

3. Same as 2, although I could not find this typo in Moodle 2.7 myself. 

4. I don't understand the question. Others might, but you may want to expand on this a bit (I must confess that I've never actually seen a MOOC)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Deepak Govindarajan -

Thanks a Million Howard!. Appreciate your timely help! 

*For point 2, I tried the "back to {$a->course}" and "back to {$a->sectionname}" but both it did not work. Can you kindly help on the language customization that I need to use in this case.

*For point 4- What I meant is for e.g. I, you and Mr.X are learning a course, I should be able to know to what extent my peers (i.e. you and Mr.X) have completed the course. This is just to bring in the element of competitive motivation into the course.

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

For point 2, try the following:

• Site administration -> Language -> Language Customisation

... but I think Mr X has already done this, and misspelt "currrent grade" smile

For point 4, I am not aware that students can find out the "completion status" of their peers. However there are blocks such as the Activity Results block, and the Quiz Results block, which inform course participants about the performance of their peers.

Here's an informative video about the Activities Results block:

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Deepak Govindarajan -

Thanks a lot smile...

For Point 2- Yes. I did go to language customization earlier as well...However the customization that I applied did not seem to work as there was no change in the outcome as shown the attached screenshot. Can you please check and let me know whether I am referring to the right string and also correct the language customization string.

I am attaching the screenshot of the same. Please help.

I want to know what I should replace Back to {$a} with

Attachment Moodle Query 2.png

by Deepak Govindarajan -

This is how it displays... I am not sure where i am going wrong here...The parameter is not getting replaced with the course full name despite the course full name field having a value...Please guide me on this.

Attachment Moodle-4.png

by Farhan Karmali -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Deepak,
Unfortunately that is not how this placeholder works, it just displays whatever value is passed to it, That is ,$a here is a string variable and not an object. You can achieve what you want only if you alter the codes by overriding the navigation renderer