Moodle Customisation Perspective

Moodle Customisation Perspective

by Vitor de Carvalho -
Number of replies: 1
I currently have a Moodle 2.5 based tool customised to create quizzes from a huge question database (most are multiple choice). My problem is that i need to create new categories/taxonomies for these questions, considering each question is supposed to support the structure below:

Question X
- Level *
- Knowledge Area *
- - Subject *
- Thematic Axis
- Modality
- Transversal Theme

of which are mandatory the ones marked with a *. 

As long as i know, each question can only have one category, so I'd leave it for a mandatory field. I considered the possibility of using a category structure for the Subject and maybe leave the optional fields for the tags. It would be good to organize them better than just throwing every one of them into a cloud of tags. 

Anyways, I need to understand better what resources could Moodle offer me to use multiple categories, tags, taxonomies and other ways of organising the questions. I would also appreciate some suggestions to implement whatever is needed to support this structure and perspective of the complexity of what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vitor de Carvalho

Re: Moodle Customisation Perspective

by Travis Bennett -

I am also interested in adding fields to a question or question type. Subscribing!

I'll follow up as I learn more, if I do have success.