Timed ability to post to forum

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 4
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Timed ability to post to forum

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

I'm afraid that it's not possible at this time, though there is a Course freeze feature that has been requested and discussed at various points. This may  go some way to doing what you want, but possibly not and it's some way off implementation yet.

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Derek Chirnside -

This is a pretty random comment Andrew and Off Topic here, but it does seem you are paying a little attention to bits and pieces in the forum, which we appreciate.

I'm hanging out for "edit inline" for the forum.

I think of that every second post I make in Moodle, here and in my classes etc.  We often want to interact with ideas from several posts.

All this to say: is there any place where priorities are discussed re forums?

What about, for a start, an uber item in the tracker and collect them all together there.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Derek,

There is already a main epic already in place for collecting forum improvements together: MDL-39707.

I'm gradually working through these issues as best I can, and there are others also working through some of these.

Following some recent changes in core, we should be able to work on the edit inline functionality shortly.

I've also been working to convert the forum output to a set of templates, but this isn't the easiest of things to achieve. This will aid the edit inline functionality too.

Andrew

In reply to Deleted user

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paul,

You can almost get what you want by using Post threshold for block and post threshold for warning set to one, and then however many days you want them to be able to only read posts is set using Time period for blocking. Unfortunately, Zero gets treated like it is unlimited, so using one means they can post once before the blocking goes into effect.

@Derek, not really "edit inline" but at one time there was a plugin available for Moodle 2.5, called Marginalia the would let you highlight forum text and then type notes in the margin of the forum. I don't think it ever got any TLC to fix it up for follow-on versions of Moodle. sad Check out the forum discussion about it at https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=232125