Adding an image to a block

Adding an image to a block

by Gregory Furtman -
Number of replies: 1

I have been trying to add our college logo (a ping image) to the Course/site summary block on our front page. When I get into Front page settings/front page summary there is a insert/edit image icon.

When I click on it it asks for an image url. If I have the image on my Moodle Server what is the structure of the pathway to the image?  I haven't found anything in the documentation about this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gregory Furtman

Re: Adding an image to a block

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gregory,

To put it in the site summary block on our front page the way you mention, just put/upload the image in your root Moodle location, i.e. the same place your config.php file is located. That way it's URL will be the same as you Moodle site URL, except that it will end with the image file name, instead of index.php.

If you would rather have your logo somewhere at the top of the page, like most sites, it would depend on the theme. What theme are you using? Most themes have a place in their settings where you can just drag-and-drop your logo and let Moodle handle where to put it, for you.