Moodle 3.0.x - Atto Editor Buttons Not Adding Code

Moodle 3.0.x - Atto Editor Buttons Not Adding Code

by Brian Rigwald -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I have a strange situation that I have been battling with for the past month or so.  I figured it was just me, until I talked to other teachers.

The Atto text formatting buttons (font size, font color, remove text formatting, bold, underline, etc...) only seems to be working in the first text edit box on a screen.  For example, in a lesson contents.  When I try to use the text formatting for feedback or any other text box later on the page, the buttons function, but don't actually place the html code to make the changes.  I can add images, etc..., but the text formatting is stuck on the following boxes.

Any idea what can be happening here?  

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Rigwald

Re: Moodle 3.0.x - Atto Editor Buttons Not Adding Code

by Brian Rigwald -

ADDITION:  Sometimes, I can get the following text boxes to work after saving the item and going back into the editor.  Sometimes it still doesn't work.  I have used multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE).

by Brian Rigwald -

I have found a "trick" that seems to work most of the time.  If I insert a picture before the text in a lower text box and then highlight the image and text, then I can format the text.  I then have to delete the image and do the next thing in the next text box, where I want to format the text.  This doesn't, however, actually solve the problem. sad

by Felix T. -

We have exactly the same problem... Atto's buttons won't work in a second instance on the same page. Did you find any solution to this or are you still using your workaround?

EDIT:

Here is the tracker issue: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-53249

It says it's fixed in the Mar 14th release smile

In reply to Felix T.

by Brian Rigwald -

I am still using the work around.  It is a pain, especially if you want to modify a few words within the area.  I'm glad it isn't just us.  Since I hadn't heard any other confirmations, I figured it was related to some strange thing on our end.