Can't find feature in moodle 2.8 simular to feature «hidden assignment» of user in moodle 1.9

Can't find feature in moodle 2.8 simular to feature «hidden assignment» of user in moodle 1.9

by Petr Khl -
Number of replies: 4

Hello.

Recently we've decided to upgrade our moodle from 1.9 to 2.8, but we've faced two problems which we are trying to solve.

Both of these problem are the result of deprecated property “hidden assignment” which is absent in moodle 2.8.

We have hidden teachers and hidden students in our courses.

Hidden teachers are used to give teachers ability to visit other courses without been show in list of teachers, quick mail list and so on.

Hidden students are used to keep history of the students which have moved to other courses.

The only similar feature I've managed to find in new version is “course administration→users→other users”, but it is not very convenient because each user should be added manually (there is no possibility to add users via cohorts).

Can anybody please give any advice?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Petr Khl

Re: Can't find feature in moodle 2.8 simular to feature «hidden assignment» of user in moodle 1.9

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could you create new Roles within your site and adjust the permissions as necessary?

e.g. Your hidden teacher role could be a clone of the non-editing teacher role with some amendments to capabilities. I know the contacts list block I use on my site allows you to select which roles are visible to users, so if those new roles were not selected, then the members of those roles would only be visible to users who have permissions to view the full participants list, rather than using that contacts block.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Can't find feature in moodle 2.8 simular to feature «hidden assignment» of user in moodle 1.9

by Petr Khl -

Thank you for your advice. I will try it.

Can you please give me a link to the "contacts list block" that you have mentioned?

In reply to Petr Khl

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Petr Khl -

Thank you.