Browsing options are missing

Browsing options are missing

написао/ла Hya Agrawal -
Број одговора: 2

Hi,

I have created a glossary with about 15 words and 4 categories. The issue which i faced was regarding browsing options. I am given an option to browse by alphabet, although in moodle docs i see there are other browsing options available . 

On trying the steps in moodle docs i noticed their are no other browsing options in my version of moodle (Moodle 3.0) , neither was there an option to create categories. The existing 4 categories were imported with the restoration of the course made in moodle 2.9. 

Could any one please help me know what i am missing on?

У одговору на Hya Agrawal

Re: Browsing options are missing

написао/ла Helen Foster -
Слика Core developers Слика Documentation writers Слика Moodle HQ Слика Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика Plugin developers Слика Testers Слика Translators
Hi, that's a good question смешак

In Moodle 3.0 there's an admin setting (in Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Glossary) for each display format to specify whether you can browse by author, category and/or date. I guess if you can't browse by category, it doesn't allow you to create categories. Please see the documentation Glossary settings for more details.
Прилог visible tabs setting.png