Browsing options are missing

Browsing options are missing

door Hya Agrawal -
Aantal antwoorden: 2

Hi,

I have created a glossary with about 15 words and 4 categories. The issue which i faced was regarding browsing options. I am given an option to browse by alphabet, although in moodle docs i see there are other browsing options available . 

On trying the steps in moodle docs i noticed their are no other browsing options in my version of moodle (Moodle 3.0) , neither was there an option to create categories. The existing 4 categories were imported with the restoration of the course made in moodle 2.9. 

Could any one please help me know what i am missing on?

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Hya Agrawal

Re: Browsing options are missing

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators
Hi, that's a good question glimlach

In Moodle 3.0 there's an admin setting (in Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Glossary) for each display format to specify whether you can browse by author, category and/or date. I guess if you can't browse by category, it doesn't allow you to create categories. Please see the documentation Glossary settings for more details.
Bijlage visible tabs setting.png
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen: Useful (2)