Moodle 2.8.10: Course Level LTI Links Break on Restore and Copy

Moodle 2.8.10: Course Level LTI Links Break on Restore and Copy

by John Falchi -
Number of replies: 3

We use LTI to integrate with TechSmith's Relay for video content.  When backing up or copying course files, the LTI links are not preserved.  This is a considerable time and effort issue requiring significant repopulation of LTI link information.  

We're running 2.8.10.  Do later versions address this issue? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

John

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Falchi

Re: Moodle 2.8.10: Course Level LTI Links Break on Restore and Copy

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by John Falchi -

Yes, I saw these. I was just curious with regards to the workaround that you suggested in one of the forums, Edit this list https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/mod/lti/backup/moodle2/backup_lti_stepslib.php#L64 in the YU-instance of Moodle to include:

resource key’,

'password',

We tried this but it did not help.  Which version did you apply it to?  Did it work? 

Thanks,

John

In reply to John Falchi

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If that simple-minded suggestion does not work, it is going to take someone with time to sit down and properly debug the problem to work out a fix. It is a promising sign that most of the un-fixed issues are assigned to someone, but I don't know how actively they are being worked on.