I see very often people in my job asking for better Course visual design inside Moodle, but generally i thing they are asking for other Course estructures or full diferent moodle "skeletons", closely to an AI / UI approaches, not only pure visual design approach.
Most of the needs in this sense are:
- Changing gradebook usability (js lightboxes)
- Custom pages un Moodle site (everywhere)
- A full "canvas" in Course home to put html content without blocks (even administration or navigation blocks) with links to resources or activities in a hidden Course sección.
- Forum threads filtered by date or user.
- Sidebars inestead of blocks.
- Jquery effects
In a few words, they want to use something that is not like a classic Moodle, but keeping all Moodle inner funtionality.
I think this improvments may break the core if we only paste code snippeds or if we simple make changes and customize...
What do you thing about?