Display issue installing moodle 3.0.2

Display issue installing moodle 3.0.2

by Kieran Smith -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

I've just tried a clean install of V. 3.0.2

When I do this the install goes through without an issue but then the pages are displayed without any css style at all. I can get the css style back (clean theme) by turning developer mode on. Then the style shows correctly. However then the menu items don't work and looking at firefox console this is because none of the bootstrap files are loading (all have 404 error).

Tried two clean installs with the same issue on both - using a shared hosting account.

Can't find any reference to this.

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Smith

Re: Display issue installing moodle 3.0.2

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I would first check that your web server is correctly supplying PATH_INFO data to Moodle. See Using_slash_arguments

With debugging on, I would check your web server's error log as well - just in case anything diagnostic has turned up there. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Kieran Smith -

Thanks Howard,

I'm sure it's not setting PATH_INFO. Disabling slash arguments fixes the problem. I can't find a way to enable this on 1and1 shared hosting. I've tried following this but doesn't seem to work.

In reply to Kieran Smith

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think the slasharguments feature is meant to be dropped at some point (it was going in Moodle 3 but seems not to have) so it might be worth following up.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Kieran Smith -

So is it OK just to leave it disabled or should I be trying to find a fix to make it work correctly.

It seems to suggest that SCORM packages won't work correctly without it being set to ON - not a major issue for me at the moment. But I prefer to have a sstem usiing the recomended settings where possible.

Thanks again for youe help

In reply to Kieran Smith

by Just H -

Slash arguments is supposed to become a requirement (see here and here) so personally I'd look into fixing the issue rather than disable and forget.