baffled by Scheduler (again)

baffled by Scheduler (again)

by Claire Taylor-Jay -
Number of replies: 2

I last used the Scheduler about a year ago, and I now want to use it again to set up some new tutorials. This sounds crazy, but I can't figure out HOW to just ADD slots. If I click on 'edit settings', it just says 'there are no appointment slots available' - well, I know that! But how do I add some? I can't see anywhere that there's something to click saying 'add slots'.

Is my program doing something weird, or I am just being incredibly stupid?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Taylor-Jay

Re: baffled by Scheduler (again)

by Claire Taylor-Jay -

Just to add to this: I've just discovered that I can add the Scheduler with no problems to a completely different course / part of my Moodle pages, and I can see 'add slots' there, but in the one course where I actually want to use it, it is as described above!!! Baffling. I have deleted it and started again, but to no avail.

In reply to Claire Taylor-Jay

Re: baffled by Scheduler (again)

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

This is a bit of a wild guess, but it may have to do with the permission settings in your course / Moodle installation. In order to add slots, or indeed to see the admin screen, you need to have the capability "mod/scheduler:manage". As a teacher or administrator, you would normally have these. However, maybe some permission settings were changed in that specific course?